Kinghams Wild Mushroom Platter with braised chicory and pine nuts
600g chestnut mushrooms chopped to a fine dice
600g Mixed wild mushrooms ( We use Girroles black trumpettes and yellow oyster)
3 Finely chopped shallots
100ml double cream
1 bulb chicory leaves separated (18 Leaves )
Splash white wine
1clove chopped garlic
Chopped fresh parsley and chervil
Toasted pine nuts
Puff pastry rolled and cut into 6 10cm discs ( we sprinkle ours with black sesame seeds )
1. Bake the puff pastry discs over an empty upside down dariol mould until crisp so they have a nice curved shape
2. Sweat the shallots in a knob of butter, add the garlic and chopped chestnut mushrooms. Cook and season and then cool slightly.
3. Beat the cream and the eggs until mixed then add to the mushrooms.
4. Place the mixture into the daiol moulds and bake in the oven for 15 mins at 170c. Allow to cool and chill in the fridge.
These two jobs can be done before hand
To Serve the dish
1. Turn out the mushroom moulds and simply place the mushroom moulds, wild mushrooms, knob of butter and a splash of white wine in a oven proof dish. Season and place in the oven 170c for 15mins until everything is cooked and warmed through.
2. Place the chicory leaves on top and back in the oven for a few more minutes until the chicory has wilted. At the same time place the puff pastry lids on a tray and into the oven to warm though.
To assemble the dish on warm plates
1. Place three leaves of chicory on each plate
2. Place the wild mushrooms on top followed by the mushroom mould.
3. Sprinkle with the herbs and toasted pine nuts
4. Finally place the warmed puff pastry lid on top